Thursday 17 December 2015

VCE Results: The Good, The Bad, and The Ug- Annoying people who won't shut up!

So the results are in, and from what I've heard, most of us wanted to cry.
But breatheeee everyone, there's always another way of doing things.

Take my friend for example:
She got around a 60 when she needed a 75. I was very saddened for her, but did you know what she said?
She came back with this full on foolproof plan of getting the course she wanted:

"Yeah I'm applying for dots aka pathways and I have a good chance at getting in, then otherwise I'm going to take a gap year, work and then apply to Bendigo la Trobe because their atar is like 50 haha"
 
I was frankly shocked.
She had it all worked out.
Sure she was upset at first, but then she moved on.
THIS IS BRILLIANT, DO THIS!
 
 
And then on the other side of the scale, I was very happy with my results, surprising myself when I got the exact score I aimed for at the start of the year, decimal place and all. Sure I didn't get over 45 in my study scores which I was upset about for like 20mins, but I got the score. And Chem ended up being my best mark.... what the hell.... I greatly disliked that subject...
 
So there I was, happy, relieved, yay.
 
And then I found out my boyfriend bet me, I was very impressed, surprised and extremely proud. I later found out he missed out on dux by 1.45 marks (or whatever unit it's in)
So yeah, I called him up, really excited, putting on my best silly/cute voice, and you wanna know what he said? What pissed me off so much? Even after he knew my score and that it was lower than his? He said he got a crap mark.
 
There goes my attitude with him for the next couple of days or so.
 
So I tried explaining to him that it was an amazing mark and that he should be very proud and happy with it. No change. Honestly I don't think he understands the marking system. He, like me, was disappointed he didn't get over a 45 Study Score raw. He, unlike me, got over a 40 raw. He, unlike me, still is annoyed about it and brings it up often. I'm honestly happy with my marks, or was, but now I'm upset that the one person who I look for an opinion the most from apparently wasn't.
 
Please don't do this. It hurts a hell of a lot. And yeah I get it, some people will disagree and say I'm just annoyed that I didn't beat him. Untrue. And I will state the results at the bottom to show why I am annoyed at him being disappointed in his mark.

Now I love this guy with my entire heart, honestly couldn't imagine life without him. And this happens, not just with partners, but friends too, best of friends. Yes we will forgive and move on, but please try not to get into this situation in the first place. It's over, can't change it now. You just have to work with what you have. As I've said previously, the ATAR is more of a springboard anyway.
 
I have many friends that got under a 70 and are really disappointed because they missed out on being clearly in their course. I have some friends that have 80's and are really happy with themselves, whom I am very proud of. I have some that are under 50 and are depressed. And I have one with a score of around 46 who doesn't care because he didn't work and is in the army or air force or something now anyway (I keep forgetting which)
 
If you bet majority of the state, or got into your course, or both, please be considerate of others. Don't complain about it, especially if you did the best you could do, because it really hurts. Be humble, you did it, congratulations! We are all so very proud of you!
 
Be considerate
Be humble
Show empathy
Support your friends
And you'll be surprised with how many people come up to you saying congrats.

If you didn't, don't fret! There is always another way to reach that goal. And if you don't have a goal just try something you like, or maybe travel for the year. VCE, despite what it seems, is not the end of the world. It's a beginning. Use it as best you can. And if you can't, start from scratch. Prove to the world that you can achieve whatever you're aiming for. (Excluding taking over the world, nuclear holocaust for a real life Fallout 4 etc. etc.)
 
Also, on another note, if someone doesn't want to share their score, don't pester them for it. Let them be. Ask "How did you go?"instead of "What did you get?" and they'll probably end up saying their score anyway. Be supportive, take them to the beach, ask about something they're enjoying at the moment or are really good at. Show them that the ATAR isn't everything.
 
Now enough of my rant.
 
Guess what?
 
We're done.
Finished.
Complete.
It's over.
 
And now we have to start thinking about what happens next.
Frankly I'm really excited for Uni
And working more
And free time
And starting work on an Assassin's Creed cosplay (Don't judge)
 
Honestly give it a month and everyone would have forgotten the hype.
Give it a year and you won't even remember your score.
You'll be too busy living your life.
 
I wish you all the best.
 
-Michelle
 
P.S. For help seeing my point of view where I mentioned scores, I received a 92.5 (hell yeah!) and my boyfriend received 97.5. He's slowly understanding how well he went haha
 
Be happy with what you can achieve
 
I am so proud of you all
 


No comments:

Post a Comment